LACE UP SON 5K IS BACK!
Join us April 11-17 for our 2nd Lace Up Son Virtual 5K! Our socially responsible race is a way to bring the community together while remaining apart. During these unprecedented times, when many are faced with tremendous hardships, the SSFF continues to be focused on addressing the critical needs of our community.
Proceeds from this year’s 5K virtual event will support two pillar programs of the Steve Smith Family Foundation:
- delivering educational and additional support services to CMS children that are experiencing homelessness through the SSFF Virtual Learning Center and Summer/After School Program.
- supporting our free medical and counseling services to uninsured and underinsured, low-income residents in Charlotte through the Smith Family Wellness Center.
Your support, through participation in this event, will directly impact these programs that are addressing the growing needs within our community. To learn more about these programs, please click here.
Here's how it works....
1. Select a Race Package (below) and register for the race! Shipping is included and all of your items will be mailed directly to you. (Note: Be sure to register ASAP! Steve will be doing two pop up runs in March (exact dates TBA as dates approach) for your chance to run with him. Be sure to register ASAP in order to be informed about these pop-up runs. See below for more details.)
2. **Not required** Set up an account on Strava and join the private Strava club. Encouraging, reminiscing, and friendly trash-talking are encouraged - even Steve signed up and is ready to post with you!
3. Create your personal fundraising page, spread the word and raise money for a great cause!
4. Lace up and run your 5K whenever and wherever you want during the week of April 11 - 17.
5. Submit your 5K time into the Virtual Results. Have fun!
**We have some exciting new exclusive benefits this year that you will not want to miss: **
|Number of 5K Entries (note additional registrants get access to the BLUE package)||1||2||5|
|Lace Up Son Event Tee and Silicone Band||X||X||X|
|Access to Steve Smith Sr's private Strava Club||X||X||X|
|"Mask Up Son" Face Mask||X||X||X|
|Custom Race Medal||X||X|
|*Access to two (2) socially distant pop-up runs with Steve Smith Sr in March (Charlotte Only)||X||X|
|Carolina Panthers OR Baltimore Ravens Steve Smith Sr Autographed Full-Size Replica Helmet||X|
*Pop Up Runs with Steve: Here is your chance to run with Steve! Your registration will include exclusive communications regarding pop up runs with Steve in the month of March. When you register, you will be automatically added to the communication list to inform you of when and where you are invited for a pop up run with Steve. Exact dates, times and locations will be messaged exclusively to participants registered at this package level.
#TEAM 89 FUNDRAISING CHALLENGE
Register for the race and let the FUNdraising begin! Join our #Team89 Fundraising Challenge! The individual who raises the most money on behalf of themselves or a team via their Race Roster fundraising page will win autographed game-worn cleats.
|2||Stephanie A, family & friends||$115.87|
BofA - Running with Impact!
It’s Sports Sis
- Event contact
- Start 2 Finish